The Face Shop: The Skin Extra BB Cream SPF20 PA++

Today’s review will be surprise, surprise! BB Cream! Well before Nurul packed up and left me in Singapore all alone ( :( sob sob), we went out on a nice shopping expedition and she so kindly with her good gracious heart (& pay!) bought me something which i have really needed for quite sometime now especially for my dark dry skin. I present to you THE FACE SHOP THE SKIN EXTRA BB CREAM SPF20 PA++

It has been a long week for me. Things have been kinda hectic with Nurul being overseas and my uncle just recently being warded into ICU for kidney failure. Do hope our kind readers will have him in their prayers for a quick recovery. Let’s get on with this review.

Firstly, we were walking around at Plaza Singapura when we were approached by the friendly staff of THE FACE SHOP. I have to commend their patience and service in explaining to us every product that we enquired. I have been looking for a Sunblock these past few months but honestly, I didn’t like those lotion formulas with moisturising effect. Why you ask? It’s cause I tend to perspire a lot and by 2 in the afternoon all the sunblock has disappeared and to make matters worst, my perspiration will carry the sunblock all the way to my eyes. Often, am left with a burning sensation that will require lots of eye washing. Haha. Talk about a stinging sensation.

Well as Nurul points out, it is important for me to wear proper Sunblock to protect my skin from skin cancer & more importantly ageing and wrinkly & dry skin. The BB cream fits the bill! I have been applying for already 2 weeks and I have to say, I am in love with this sunblock cream. It’s easy to use, cooling on the skin and frankly no more burning sensations! Basically, it seems like make up liquid foundation and all I have to do is apply it evenly over my face after my usual face wash regime. Trust me, it took me sometime to figure out how much to apply (thanks to Nurul here for the proper techniques). Also, another low for me is that it’s a shade brighter than my skin colour so it does look like I am wearing make up until it oxidises and finally blends naturally with my skin colour.Β  But overall, am happy with it’s effects!

Why BUY?

• Easy to use
  • Evens out skin tones
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Advantage of both make-up & skin care
  • Hides eye circles, acne scars & gives a radiant glow

It is currently availabe at all THE FACE SHOP outlets and is retailed at $42.90 per 45ml bottle.

Fai @ ilovelookinggood

Do read my other posts : Braun Silk Epilator Xpressive 7781

Ps : I did some Googleing on what it meant to be a BB cream. Here’s some interesting facts that i found out about it. Basically, the BB cream or rather blemish balm originated from Germany. It is actually used by dermatologists to aid their patients whom underwent laser skin surgery to help soothe & regenerate their skin. Thanks to makeupforlife.net for the info bit.

Comments

1. says

Hello !

Saw many online shop selling BB Cream as well, is it really that good ? Well if they change the name to smtg more sophisticated i might try it but BB Cream don’t ya think it sounds like some China/Taiwan brand name ? Hahaha… So the BB Cream acts as a moisturizer ? Hmmm don’t really understand its function man.

2. says

Fai : Hey. Yeah! It is really good. BB cream simply means Blemish Balm & it originates from Germany. Guess they didn’t had any better ideas for the name! Haha. Currently, the best BB cream brands are from South Korea. The one am using is a well known Korean brand THE FACE SHOP. It basically acts as a concealer and it covers acne scars, redness & dark rings. It’s like a foundation application. The other benefits of it is that it has SPF so can act as a sunblock. More importantly, it has regenerative properties that helps to heal your skin. Trust me, everyone should be using this. Give it a try, you will love it. I know i have.

3. Kyon says

I just bough some today. Figured this was a good product for me to try because I have blemishes. What is the best way to apply this product, do I use my fingers or a sponge or a damp sponge?

4. says

Fai : Hmm, so far I have been applying it with my fingers. Just placing dots all over my face and then evenly smooth the cream all my face and neck. However, I do advise to get a sponge as it’s easier & evens out application.

5. Kyon says

Is it me or is this not very good at covering the marks? But, then again I am guessing it is evening out the skin tone and that is better? Either way, doesn’t feel uncomfortable and I like the fact it has all the benefits without having to buy multiple products. Has only been one day and I am curious to see what it does in a month.

6. says

Fai : Is it? It’s been quite good for me though. Supposedly it will take time. I have been receiving more comments on more skin tone recently. So yeah, do give it time to work. Hehe.

7. Kyon says

My Aunt said my skin looks shiny, but she didn’t mean shiny as in oily. I think she meant dewy, she said it looked nice. My Mom noticed a little difference too and wants to try it now.

8. says

Nur: Hey! Glad you liked it and found our blog useful. Truthfully, both of us are using the same BB Cream too. And the best part is that it comes with SPF 20. :D

9. elaine says

hey i’vew been using the face shop BB cream too
    works wonders on me
    no breakout since using it n it gives me a really good complexion!
    besides BB cream i wun b using any other make up foundation anymore!!

10. says

Fai : Haha. Trust me. I am an advocator for BB cream. Frankly, am surprised why many women out there are not using this amazing product. I am a guy and I love it. It should be a staple for any woman who loves to have good skin.

11. CMG PH says

Hi All,

Just want to share that after 3 weeks of using this product, my freckles are less visible. Good coverage also!

12. Kium says

Hi,
    I just bought a bottle of the mentioned BB cream, I forgot to ask the sales girl whether I need to remove with makeup remover, do you? Or I can sleep with it? (sometimes)

Tks

13. Emily Soo says

Hi, I am having a spree for skinfood & faceshop products. If you are interested to get the BB cream, email me at worldofkorea@gmail.com so that I can send you the details of the spree. Just some highlight on the savings of the BB cream from skinfood & faceshop.

1) The faceshop The Skin Extra BB Cream SPF20 (45ml). Singapore retail price is $42.90. If you get from me, you can get it at $32 (which is 25% discount)

2) Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream SPF 20 PA – Shade 1 (brighter shade) (50g). Singapore retail price is $65. If you get from me, you can get it at $42 (which is 35% discount)

3) Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream SPF 20 PA – Shade 2 (natural shade) (50g). Singapore retail price is $65. If you get from me, you can get it at $42 (which is 35% discount)

14. LK says

Hi Emily,
    Shall get from you nx time, I had just bought from Facebook : (
    Din know faceshop has BB cream. If I knew it, I would hv chk in the web.

15. su says

is there one for darker skin? a lot of the bb cream have foundation color in it. i want to try but don’t know what to get. Help?!

16. bonbon says

can you apply bb cream over your pimples?and do you have to wear it everyday to get its skin benefits?and do you wear it at night?just being curious bout bb creams.^^

17. says

Yes you can apply it over pimples. However, BB Cream has to be removed before you go to bed. Therefore, if you use it at night, don’t forget to remove it. :)

18. Bea says

I got the newer (at least here in Manila) BB cream of The Face Shop. (Note: It’s pretty puzzling already as to what to get because there are just so many variants)! It’s the MAGIC COVER BB CREAM with SPF 20. It claims to be a sunscreen and at the same time be a wrinkle improving dual function cosmetic product. So far, I think it’s got better coverage than my previous BB cream (Maybelline). Hopefully I don’t break out since it’s getting hotter too!

Has anybody tried other BB creams by the Face Shop? Any feedback?

19. Bea says

Oh BTW. With the BB cream, am I supposed to skip a primer, and corrector/concealer? I’m afraid of putting ”layers” of makeup because since it’s already hot and sunny, it might look cakey or thick. Of course, as you see with the Koreans, they always (or at least most of the time) seem to have very nice, porcelain-ish skin!

20. says

Hi Bea,

Sorry for the uber late reply. BB Creams doesn’t give you full coverage, so if what you’re looking for is a full coverage, you can use your BB Cream as a primer, and then layer on concealer and foundation.

But if you’re looking for a natural look, you can just go with the BB Cream and a loose powder. :)

xoxo